What’s cooking in the Kitchen

Monday, January 10, 2011


Mondays have become the "get ready for the week" in the Kitchen.

With busy schedules, baby, school for kids, school work for Mama, Skating, Beavers. Cooking time is limited.


I am finding, being more organized with meals = less stress.

I make a menu, buy groceries, spend less money, and then I don't have to think about it again until the next week.

Just thinking of what to cook is exercise in itself. Let alone with a baby crying, 2 kids wailing I’m hungry....when is supper.....there is nothing to eat....

So plan it when I have a quit moment on the weekend or right before I go shopping for groceries to avoid all the above.


FYI: I will also be putting a large sign on the fridge saying...

Yes...there is lots of food to eat in this house!!!


Whats cooking in the kitchen this week you ask?


::Today::

::Italian salad dressing....I am attempting to replace the nasty stuff... that the kids swear is the only way they will eat spinach salad...we will see if it passes the test.

::Muffin mix

::Muffins....zucchini, raisin, banana, whole grainy ones..

::Hummus

::Hard boiled eggs

::Homemade granola

::Sprouts of all kinds

::Mama milk

::Turkey soup

::Bread....with the help of the bread maker


::The rest of the week::

::Tofu...which is a kid favorite in our house..with rice and broccoli

::Stew and dumplings

::Roast chicken, mashed sweet potatoes, salad

::Almond burgers...homemade french fries.

::Potato soup, with cheese and bacon

::Cabbage rolls and squash.

Everything this week will be served with spinach salad and Italian dressing (which I hope is a hit!).


::What's cooking in your kitchen?





No comments:

Post a Comment